March 1, 2012

Great News

Leo's PET/CT came back negative! This means that the ABVD chemo is working and that any cancerous activity is now at the microscopic level. The tumor is also shrinking. 

This means that Leo will stay with his same regimen and, barring any complications, that he won't have another PET/CT until a month after ending treatment. It also sounds like radiation treatment won't happen at all - that it hasn't been shown to be effective for late-stage Hodgkin's - so Leo's treatment should be over around the end of June.

We're so happy about the results that we may celebrate by watching TWO episodes of Star Trek TNG tonight. Whoa. Calm down, right? 

In other happy news, two lucky babies were born to good friends, both on Leap Day. A huge welcome to Sasha Sarana Harada and Zoe Summerville Marcovitz - and cigars all around in honor of their parents, Kana, Max, Meredith, and Ben!

8 comments:

  1. Great, great news. I'd been waiting to hear an update all week, and I'm glad I got to read this before I went to sleep. As always, best wishes to both of you.

    TNG, eh? Commander Yar, yet your phasers to stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So excited & happy for you. I hope the celebratory Star Trek was good, and that you have bigger celebrations planned. Can't wait to see you guys & give you hugs in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news! What a relief to learn that the chemo regimen with all its accompanying discomforts is working! Relax and celebrate.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news guys! So happy for you, you're on the home stretch what a relief. Kylie and I wish you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! We still don't know what the next four months (plus) will bring, but it's a real positive step forward and for that we're ecstatic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great news!!

    Your photos are coming, I promise (I'm working on them right now)! Thank you for your patience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry I'm late to the game commenting here. This is such wonderful news! I'm so glad the chemo is working and all the side effects and discomfort are not for naught. Looking forward to the end of June! <3 dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  8. And the Porters are thrilled with your happy news as well - but if we are 8 hours ahead of you here in Europe, how come we didn't get the news before you? Loads of love to you both, keep on trucking xxxxx

    ReplyDelete