July 28, 2012

Final ABVD, PET Scan, Big Move

Apologies, it's been nearly 2 months since the last post.

A few significant happenings to report:

1. Leo had his final ABVD treatment and has been chemo-free for the past 6 weeks. It's a definite improvement from a whisky and sushi perspective. He can also eat lettuce now. 

2. After two months of intensive study, Leo took the bar this past Tuesday and Wednesday. He thinks (hopes?) he passed, but we won't know until this fall. 

3. On Thursday, Leo had his first post-treatment PET scan. And this morning we got word from our doctor that it was clean. Phew, phew, phew. For the next three years, he'll have a PET scan every three months. I trust I won't burst into tears every time.

4. We're getting ready to move to Japan at the beginning of September. You know -- to shake things up, because LIFE IS TOO BORING. I probably won't post until Leo's next scan in three months, but we certainly hope we'll be in touch through other avenues. 

Still, we miss you already.

Leo's in charge of sleeping bags,
I've got snacks and the TV covered

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry, the scans will be reassuring! And with each one you will feel a little thrill of success and we, your friends and family, will enjoy those moments with you too! What exciting times are up ahead for you both. Bon voyage and love from the Porters. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue and the Porters! Love to you from Leo and me.

      Delete
  2. Yay! Whiskey & sushi! YAY! CLEAN SCAN! Yay/Boo, you're moving away! I'm so happy for you guys.

    I just wanted to say that A) those photos are heartbreakingly adorable, and B) I had the same glasses/glasses cord as Leo growing up.

    Miss you guys, and hope to see you before you abscond to Asia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rach! We definitely definitely want to see you before the move. xoxo

      Delete